One of my favorite things to make it lotion. I can experiment with textures and scents. It is defiantly fun. Making my own also gives me a sense of safety knowing exactly what is inside. This lotion I made for moisturizing. You can use it for dry skin or just to use it. This is a simple 4 ingredient recipe and you can make it 3 ingredient if you want.
What you need
Let’s get to it…
- Use a double boiler or a mason jar in a pot with 2 inches of water.
- Fill Mason jar with ¼ cup of Mango Butter, ¼ cup of Shea Butter, 2 TBSP Almond Oil (1TBSP if you want it a bit thicker).
- Place Mason jar in your pot with water. Turn stove onto med-high heat. Let all ingredients melt together.
- Once everything is melted, turn off heat and add 10 drops of Lavender and 7 drops of Cederwood. Give the jar a swirl to mix in the oil.
- Pour into 8 oz glass container. Let sit for 24 hours. And Voila, you have your own Lotion!
*Lotion will be good for 6 months. Store in a cool place.
* You can choose to use only Mango butter or Shea Butter if you prefer. I just like the texture the two make together.
PS Enjoy the fun of DIY!