So I know what you are thinking can taco dip be healthy…well maybe it’s a controversy but I made this taco dip with the mindset that I want it as healthy as possible. So I came up with this recipe and I must say it is better than any other taco dip I have had before.
What you need
- Fresh salsa (make your own or buy it)
- Block of your choice of cheese
- Baby spinach
- Sour cream (vegan, regular, homemade)-optional*
- Lime essential oils
- 1 TBSP Taco seasoning (recipe below or you can buy from the store)
Taco Seasoning (you can also use this to season tacos- 2 TBSP per lb. of meat)
- 2 TBSP chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp paprika
- 3 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp black pepper
How to make it
If you are making fresh salsa you should make this before anything else.
- Slice avocado (I used 1 but I made a small dish, if you are making a larger dish 2 or 3 avocados may be needed. It depends on the size of the dish). Chop up baby spinach. Eye out the amount you want on top, I used about ½ cup but I made a small dish.
- Place sliced avocado/s in food processor or blender. Add sour cream if you would like, the amount is up to your preference. I used about 2 TBSP. Then add 1 TBSP of taco seasoning (2 TBSP if using 2 or 3 avocados). I also added a drop of lime essential oil. (If using lime essential oil you must store dip in a glass container and if blended in a plastic container clean right away.) Then mix/blend together until you have a guacamole type of consistence. Spread into bottom of dish.
- Next spread your fresh salsa on top. Followed by your chopped baby spinach. (you can hold off on the baby spinach and mix with cheese if you want)
- Shred your cheese of choice. I never buy packaged shredded cheese anymore because I read an article that said wood chips are put in the packaged shredded cheese to keep the cheese from sticking together. (I cannot remember where I read this; if I did I would give you a link. Bottom line, I am ok with my cheese sticking together!)
- Once you have shredded the cheese place on top or mix with baby spinach and place on top, your choice.
Now you have a delicious and healthy taco dip to eat with whatever chips or veggies you would like!
Below is an affiliate link
You May also be Interested in