You did it, you delivered a Beautiful little boy or girl you can now carry in your arms. What a beautiful thing and how amazing it feels. That is the picture you have had in your mind for months but did you expect some of the ailments after pregnancy, maybe not. While the baby is great and amazing and wonderful, how do you feel? Worried is my milk coming in, it is coming in too fast, I am getting no sleep, how will I care for this life I created. I know all these thoughts went through my mind. I just want to say first before anything else take a deep breathe you have this under control. Yes it is going to be a new and crazy journey but it will also be fun, exciting, and fulfilling. I want to give you some tools to assist you postpartum with some common things that can occur. Essential Oils are my go to Natural Healer, and I only recommend Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade Essential Oils.
There are many women who suffer from postpartum depression. This is a crazy time…emotions are running, hormones are here and there and everywhere. Diffusing Clary Sage, Bergamot, or Whisper can help with Postpartum Depression.
Increase Milk Production
- Fennel (Do not use more than 10 days)
- Clary Sage (Start milk production 2 drops to 1 tsp Fractionated Coconut Oil)
Peppermint can decrease milk production.
Soak a washcloth in hot or cool water with 2 drops Lavender, 2 drops geranium (2:2:1). Place washcloth on Breast for relief.
Use 3 drops of Lavender or Geranium to 1 tsp of Fractionated Coconut Oil
Use 5 drops of Geranium, Myrrh, and Sandalwood to 1 tsp of Fractionated Coconut Oil
Mastitis is an infection that can occur in women who are Breastfeeding. The breast becomes swollen, red, and painful. Symptoms can be fever, breast tenderness, skin redness, and breast are warm to touch. Generally only occurs in one breast, not both.
- Lavender or Citrus Bliss combined with lavender, Dilute 1 drop to 1 tsp Fractioned Coconut Oil if needed and place on Breast with infection
- On Guard, Oregano, or Lemon for Antibacterial
- Frankincense for inflammation
- Peppermint for fever
- Immortelle Roll on
- Lavender or Myrrh 5-10 drops to 1 tsp Fractionated Coconut Oil or Hazelnut Oil
- 1 tsp Fractionated Coconut Oil, 2-3 drops of Helichrysum, Lavender, and Frankincense, 1 tsp Vitamin E Oil (This helps prevent and treat)
To help balance your metabolism and detoxify your body drink water with Lemon and Grapefruit Essential oil.
I hope these tools help you to live and heal naturally. As always I encourage you to do more research and contact me with any questions you may have. I recommend reading Essential Oils for Pregnancy, Birth & Babies by Stephanie Fritz
You May also be Interested In